Real Estate Investment Strategies

• Real Estate Investment Strategies

Posted by FLH Team on August 11, 2024 at 12:46 am

The real estate arena is rife with opportunities, but it’s the strategy employed that often determines the success of an investment. From flipping houses and long-term rentals to REITs and crowdfunding platforms, each approach comes with its distinct set of risks and rewards. This forum is a hub for enthusiasts, seasoned investors, and newcomers alike to delve deep into the world of real estate strategies. Share your success stories, learn from missteps, ask questions, and uncover tactics that can maximize returns. Join the discussion as we dissect and collaborate, aiming to craft the most effective game plan in the dynamic and ever-evolving landscape of real estate investing.

Samantha Morell replied 6 months, 2 weeks ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Garry Moore

February 21, 2024 at 5:51 pm

This is my first time on the forum and I’m excited to say that my wife and I, both aged 62, are stepping into the world of real estate investing here in SC. Looking back at where we have come from compared to what we know now about this industry would make me want to start earlier given a chance. However, our focus right now is moving forward as one team towards achieving tangible results. Presently, my wife has her own prosperous business which she plans not to exit for another five years while I work with a construction company as their project manager. Given our background in these fields mentioned above: What’s the best strategy or approach when it comes down managing wealth creation through real estates within today’s market? Should Buy & Hold or Fix & Flip be considered over BRRR’ing (Buy Rehab Rent Refinance) or Wholesaling? House hacking isn’t an option currently open since it holds no interest for us whatsoever but there’s substantial equity already tied up in our current home along with traditional investments worth leveraging; even $100k set aside specifically allocated primarily toward purchasing other properties if needed. Is building enough financial success achievable by following reasonable means suitable enough so that retirement can occur without issue?

In terms of securing finances, which loan category or funding source would be most suitable for launching our real estate ventures? Would it prove beneficial to consider alternatives like HELOCs, HMLs, PMLs No money down deals or Sub2 collaborations? We’ve made some research but are also keen on hearing insights from others in the community. Our appreciation extends to all contributors!

• Lisa Stiles

February 22, 2024 at 4:28 pm

As someone engaged in flipping properties, you’ll find yourself deeply involved in the day-to-day operations. However, as you gain experience and become more connected with key players in your local real estate scene, opportunities will naturally come your way. Moreover, if you’re savvy about flipping, you’ll likely enjoy an edge when it comes to acquiring distressed properties for renovation and subsequent rental.

Consider exploring the BRRRR method of investing—it could be particularly beneficial for you.

• Samantha Morell

February 22, 2024 at 5:01 pm

As a flipper, yes you’re more boots on the ground but once you get a few flips under your belt and are more intertwined with your local real estate movers & shakers… they’ll naturally start to put more deals in front of you.

Besides, if you’re a smart flipper you’ll likely have an advantage over others in terms of buying distressed properties to fix and then rent out.

Look into BRRRR method of investing 🙂