Using a First Lien HELOC as Capital for Real Estate Development

• Using a First Lien HELOC as Capital for Real Estate Development

Posted by FLH Team on March 21, 2024 at 5:04 pm

Are you a real estate developer considering using a First Lien Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) to fund your next project? Join our forum discussion to explore the potential of this financing option, share experiences, and learn from fellow developers who have successfully utilized First Lien HELOCs for their ventures.

Austin Kinsley replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Austin Kinsley

February 26, 2024 at 4:05 pm

Hey everyone,

I’m exploring financing options for my upcoming real estate project, and I’m considering using a First Lien HELOC as a funding source. I’ve heard it could be a smart move, but I’d like to learn more about it.

Here are a few questions I have:

1. Has anyone here ever used a First Lien HELOC for real estate projects? If so, how did it work out for you?

2. How does using a HELOC compare to more traditional methods of financing real estate ventures?

3. What are some of the main benefits of using a First Lien HELOC for real estate development?

4. Are there any potential downsides or risks associated with this approach that I should be aware of?

5. Can someone walk me through the process of obtaining and utilizing a First Lien HELOC in simple terms?
    Just hoping to get some insights and advice from those who have experience with this, thanks!